As per some research’s migrating SAP applications to AWS Cloud cuts down infrastructure costs by 30%. Do you think this is true?
Also, do you think cost savings is the only business objective behind migrating SAP applications onto AWS?
The pace at which businesses are changing evolving organizations need to stay relevant and innovative. In order to be innovative, agility, flexibility and adaptability are the core components for a business. Resources shortages is the major reason most of the businesses are lacking innovation.
Businesses struggle to switch to new innovations due to unsalable infrastructure, redundant hardware, or legacy platforms which are not compatible with the upgrades or migrations to a more future-ready platform like SAP that streamlines ERP and also acts as the right platform to fast-track business innovation by leveraging technologies such as IoT, Machine Learning etc
There are two key factors that matters when organizations decide to host SAP on public cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS), first is compatibility and the second is cost factor.
Why CIOs Are Migrating Their SAP Environments to AWS?
Let’s looks at the three main drivers that would prompt you to migrate your SAP environment to the public cloud:
1. The role of the IT leader changing
2. Legacy technology creating more risks
3. The public cloud speeding up innovation and agility
MANAGED AWS CLOUD SERVICES FOR SAP
- Optimizing & Enhancing solutions to meet business needs
- Lowering total cost of ownership through accelerators, best practices, tools and expert advise
- Identifying and Implementing business process improvements
- Flexibility in increasing database as and when required
- Balancing cost, risk, and compliance while managing Data
- Ensuring data consistency across the organization
- Identifying and Enabling Data monetization opportunities
- Uninterrupted business operations
- Helps in integrating other cloud applications seamlessly. Eg., Successfactors, Ariba, Hybris etc., cloud based applications
- Helps in integrating non cloud applications with SAP on AWS
- End-to-end support to plan, prepare and manage hybrid data environments
- Ensure data consistency across the organization
- Resource and Capacity analysis
- Network Configuration
- Security Configuration
- Compute and Storage Configuration
- Automation Services
- 24X7 Monitoring of Cloud Metrics
- Continuous Cost and Performance Optimization
- Security best Practices recommendations
- Trouble Shooting of issues around App, DB and Infra
Benefits of AWS for SAP HANA
Speed - Provision compute, storage and network infrastructure for SAP HANA in less than an hour vs. weeks or months with traditional infrastructure
Scalability - Infrastructure can be sized based on actual requirements and then increased (or decreased) as requirements dictate
Amazon EC2 Auto Recovery can automatically recover an impaired instance due to an underlying hardware failure without having to pay for standby infrastructure
Synchronously replicate to a second Availability Zone to achieve a higher level of availability than would be possible in a single data center
Backup/Recovery model for DR – No need to pay for standby infrastructure
Replicated/Standby model for DR – By using SAP HANA System Replication without Data Preload, standby system memory can be less than production reducing cost of standby infrastructureMounika Raghavarapu February 19, 2021