Cloud Storage 2021
How Does Cloud Storage Work?
Advantages of Cloud Storage
- Scalability: with cloud storage, capacity and objects can be expanded and performance enhanced whenever a new node is added to the cloud
- Flexibility: Cloud storage allows for more metadata and enables customized control over data for specific functions, as a result, data can be manipulated based on policy triggers, and it can be scaled based on rules
- Multi-tenancy: Cloud storage was designed with multi-tenancy in mind. For instance, custom metadata provides layers of security and each object or file functions as an autonomous data instance with controlled access policies
- Pay as you go: cloud storage service helps organizations in eliminating the need for big capital expenses as they can opt for flexible billing models where they have to pay only for the storage they use. These expenses are often so less than the cost of maintaining an in-house system.
- Simpler data migrations: cloud storage’s ability to add new nodes and retire old ones when required eliminates disruptive data migrations, making tech refreshes easier
- Less expensive disaster recovery: with cloud storage, data can be automatically replicated from a private cloud to a public cloud or multiple public clouds at a fraction of the cost of building or leasing another data centre.
Cloud Storage Requirements
- Durability. Data stored in the cloud should be stored in multiple facilities so that there is no chance of data loss in circumstances such as natural disasters, human errors, or mechanical faults.
- Availability. All the data must be accessible whenever and wherever needed, but there is a dissimilarity among production data and archives. The perfect cloud storage will provide the right balance of retrieval times and cost.
- Security. An organization’s data of any kind is crucial and need a robust security mechanism when stored in the cloud. Ideally, data stored in the cloud is fully encrypted both when the data is being used and when the data is kept still. Same an on-premises storage, Permissions and access controls will be enabled in cloud storage.
Storage on AWS Simplified
We in partnership with AWS offer a complete range of cloud storage services to support application, storage and archival compliance requirements.
As an Advanced Consulting partner to AWS; our AWS Storage competencies spread across multiple domains like Primary Storage, Backup & Recovery, and File Transfer & Data Replication. These capabilities have been vetted, validated, and verified by the AWS Partner Competency Program to support you in:
- File Transfer & Data Replication: Move data from legacy storage solutions to new, AWS storage-based targets including Amazon S3 or Amazon EBS, and accelerate your existing connection to AWS resources.
- Primary Storage: Provide cost-efficient storage resources to your Amazon EC2 based storage targets, such as Amazon EBS and Amazon S3, while maintaining existing legacy Network Attached Storage (NAS) connections.
- Backup & Recovery: Transform traditional backup and recovery operations away from traditional tape or disk targets to use AWS based storage resources as a fast, cost-conscious method of data protection. Use AWS storage such as Amazon S3 or Amazon Glacier as the target for backups to provide high durability for AWS workloads.