Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) – All you Need to Know!
- What if it (New SDN Solution) dramatically reduces application access time and significantly improves the end-user experience with added security?
- What if VC with MD & chairman never impacted? You would not need to worry about bandwidth & links going unstable.
- What if all the IT staff in Lutyens bungalow & remote branches were leveraged for other important tasks?
- What if you could leverage high-speed broadband links & 4G LTE in all remote locations for enterprise connectivity, and didn’t need to worry about unstable MPLS pipes?
- What if you can prioritize business applications over social networking traffic? And this kind of QoS policy was automatically applied by the respective router at branches and HQ?
- What if all this optimization were achieved without having to increase your bandwidth rather than WAN optimization creating room for additional traffic?
- What if private application access is given without network access?
- What if we mask applications from the internet with outbound connections?
- What if we can go passwordless?
- What if we can go VPN less?
- What if you reduce the attack surface to the level where DDoS and Lateral Movement become the thing of the past?
- What if you see roaming user’s visibility beyond IP address and port number?
- What if it brings security and policy close to the user to eradicate unnecessary backhaul?
- What if Proxy-based architecture were used for a full inspection of encrypted traffic at scale?
- What if the Browser access service eliminates the need for a client on devices?
- What if the internet becomes the enterprise’s new transport network?
The SASE Vision
Tenets of an Effective SASE Solution
Software-Defined Wide Area Network
Zero Trust Network Access
Read my detailed blog on Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) here.
Cloud Access Security Broker
- Discovery of shadow IT
- App discovery
- App usage reporting
- App risk assessment
- Configuration assessment
Control and Compliance
- App access control
- Data discovery and classification
- Compliance reporting and remediation
- Unmanaged device access control
- Threat protection
- Data protection
- Rights management
- User anomaly detection
- Workflow integration
Firewall as a Service
Secure Web Gateway
Digital Experience Monitoring
- SASE solution should have Continuous and effective threat prevention, detection, and automated response across your environment, Granular visibility into your users, apps, and data.
- Advanced threat prevention over the network.
- Threat detection and analysis by correlating risky configurations, anomalous user and network activity, host vulnerabilities, and threat intelligence gathered from multiple data sources.
- Automated response to simplify security event triage.
- Cloud context to expedite security investigations.
Data Loss Prevention
Internet of Things